Right cement silo operation methods you should know
1. Have a careful inspection on all parts of the cement silo before use. The inspection items include: the opening and closing of the feeding inlet on the top of the silo, the opening and closing of the access door on the wall of the silo, whether the temperature-measuring cables are fastened, the position of cleaner, whether the cable plug of cleaner and the flat iron of the air net are tilted, the opening and closing of the manual valve (electric valve) at the bottom of the silo, and whether there are impurities inside silo. Report to the central control room after inspection.
2. Material shall be loaded into silo with several times. The loading quantity of each time can be 50%, 20%, 20% and 10%, or 60%, 30% and 10%. In addition, after material is loaded into silo for each stage, it should be allowed to stand for a period of time, and the standing time after the first two stages is not less than 1 month, and the standing time after the next stage is not less than 2 months.
3. Choose a right silo, close the valve on the bottom of silo, open the valve on the top of silo, and then stat up feeding equipment. Material enters into silo through the valve on silo roof vertically which can avoid material in silo tilting and rubbing silo wall. Stop loading material when material level meter alarms, and systems will automatically stop when material height reaches to the highest allowable position which may prevent material from overflowing.
Radar level meter
4. Have a regular inspection during material storage in cement silo. Silo wall is susceptible to temperature due to its thin wall and good thermal conductivity, so temperature inside silo is high in summer which may cause hardening and coking of material. We can know about the temperature inside silo through temperature-monitoring cables and start up aeration system when temperature is high.
5. Silo cleaning stage: valves shall be closed before the start-up of cleaner, and only the central valve is open when cleaning silo. Working personnel is required for assistance.
Have an inspection after the cleaning of silo: close valve on the bottom and top of silo and plugs of temperature-monitoring cables, check whether the ventilation network and flat iron are damaged and whether there are impurities inside silo, close silo door and feeding hole.